Facts About the Earth That You Might Find Fascinating

By Dickson Osas

The world is a vast space that contains a series of facts that you might be fascinated by. These facts are not accurate and verified. Below are a few 

as you know, we’re still discovering different things about the Earth every day, like history about earth science or stuff like an asteroid about to hit Earth.

Facts and reality about the Earth:

The Earth is just number 3rd in the solar system

The Earth is number three in the solar system. The world is known to be the only planet that supports atmospheric oxygen gas, seas of surface-level liquid water, and life is Earth, which is located third from the sun.

The days are longer than usual.

When the Earth was formed billions of years ago, the hours required to rotate a sun was just 6 hours. But in present days, we now experience the Earth’s rotation for 24 hours which is solely due to the moon reducing the Earth’s rotation. The tidal ocean bulges on Earth are pulled slightly ahead of the moon-Earth axis by the planet’s spin, which produces a twisting force that slows the planet’s rotation. The upshot is that the day is growing longer, yet not long enough to impact your hectic schedule.

Atamaca Desert is the driest region on Earth.

The Atacama Desert in northern Chile and the Pacific Ocean, the most significant body of water on Earth, are nearby. Just 0.8 millimeters of rainfall on average each year in Arica, Chile. Before a major storm struck in 1972, Calama city in the Atacama Desert is said to have gone 400 years without rain. In comparison to other deserts, the Atacama Desert is relatively cold. In some of its driest areas, it even lacks cyanobacteria, which are green photosynthetic microorganisms that live in rocks or below stones.

The Earth is not spherical.

Contrary to what we all once believed that the Earth is spherical, it was recently discovered that it is not entirely spherical but a flat (Squashed) spherical shape. This form resembles a sphere but with flattened poles and a bulging equator. The rotation of our planet is to blame for the Earth’s bulge in this instance. This indicates that the distance between the poles is approximately 43 km less than the diameter of Earth at the equator.

The gravity of Earth is not uniform.

Since Earth’s surface is rocky and uneven, it cannot have a uniform gravitational field. But if it were spherical, it would. So instead, there are several favorable and unfavorable gravitational irregularities on Earth.

Humans move as the earth moves.

Depending on your particular place, you might be moving with the Earth. For example, people in the south and north poles are standing still while people on the equator are constantly moving at about a thousand miles per hour.

Earth is not the only Terrestrial Planet. 

The Earth is not the only terrestrial planet in the universe. Mercury, Mars, and Venus (Known as Earth twin) are also terrestrial planets alongside with world.

Water mostly encircles the planet.

Astronauts saw the Earth for the first time with human eyes when they first entered space. Their findings led to the Earth earning the moniker “Blue Planet” Given that the oceans encompass 70% of our world, this is not surprising. The solid crust above sea level makes up the remaining 30%, which is why it is referred to as the “continental crust.”

Moon experiences continuous “Earthquake.”

The moon of Earth appears to be relatively still. In actuality, though, moonquakes, or “earthquakes” on the moon, keep things a little unsteady. On the moon, quakes are less frequent and weaker than those that shock Earth. As a result, the moon emits approximately 75 percent less tectonic energy than the Earth.

Asia is home to 60% of the world’s population.

It’s not difficult to comprehend that 60 percent of the world’s population resides in Asia, which is home to more than 40 nations, some of which are among the most populous nations ever.

The weight of a person may vary based on their position 

You would weigh less if you measured your weight near the equator than at one of the planet’s poles. The average person would weigh 0.5 percent less near the equator than at the poles.

The longest mountain chain is found on Mid-Ocean ridge

It would help if you looked way down to see the world’s most extended mountain range. The report stated that the underwater chain of volcanoes known as the mid-ocean ridge covers around 40,389 miles (65,000 km). On average, it rises 18,000 feet (5.5 kilometers) above the ocean’s surface.

The Atmosphere of the Earth extends 10,000 kilometers in length

The Earth’s atmosphere is thickest during the first 50 km from the surface, although it extends out into space for around 10,000 km. Its five top layers are the troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, and exosphere. As one ascends higher into the sky and moves away from the surface, air pressure and density often drop.